Our New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help After a Serious Accident
Our lawyers help people who have suffered serious injuries due to other people’s mistakes. If you have been seriously injured in an accident, a New Jersey personal injury attorney at Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A. can help you recover just compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other economic and non-economic losses.
Slips and falls, car accidents, dog bites, workplace injuries and other accidents result in millions of injuries each year, and they often have serious and permanent impacts not only for the victims, but for their family members as well. We are proud to represent individuals and families throughout New Jersey after accidents resulting in serious injuries. As a client of Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A., you can count on us to handle all aspects of your case, from the necessary paperwork and court appearances to settlement negotiations with the insurance companies. Our number one goal is to ensure your rights are protected and that you recover the funds you are owed as a result of your injuries.
We Represent Individuals and Families Throughout New Jersey in All Types of Personal Injury Claims
“Personal injury” is a general term that covers all types of accidents resulting from other people’s negligence. A New Jersey personal injury lawyer at Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A. can assist you and your family regardless of the type of accident in which you were injured. With centuries of combined experience, our personal injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
If you were injured due to an accident, malpractice, or any other incident involving another person’s negligence, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to guide you through the process of recovering your losses. At Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A., we can help you get fairly compensated for:
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Other economic and non-economic losses
No one is prepared for the physical, emotional, familial and financial impacts that an unforeseen incident can have on their life and the lives of their family members. If you need to recover your losses, do not have to try to handle your claim alone. Our attorneys are here to help you, and we encourage you to contact us right away to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation about protecting your legal rights.
What Can You Do to Strengthen Your Claim for Financial Compensation?
As the victim of a serious accident, it is important that you rely on the advice and representation of an experienced attorney. The process of recovering just compensation is too complex – and the stakes are too high – for you to try to handle your claim on your own.
However, there are some steps that you can take to help protect your claim for damages. For example, after suffering serious injuries in an accident in New Jersey, you should:
- Obtain a Medical Diagnosis Promptly – First and foremost, you should see a doctor. Do so as soon as possible, and be sure to tell your doctor everything you can remember about the accident. Describe your symptoms in detail, answer your doctor’s questions to the best of your ability and make sure you have a clear understanding of your diagnosis.
- Follow Your Doctor’s Orders – After you receive a diagnosis, you should carefully follow your doctor’s orders. Not only will this help ensure that you recover from your injuries as quickly as possible, but it will also help ensure that you are able to pursue full coverage for the costs of your medical care.
- Preserve Any Evidence in Your Possession – If you have evidence in your possession (i.e. photos, videos, damaged clothing or your wrecked vehicle), be sure to preserve it. Anything you have could be crucial to your claim, and you will want to make sure your attorney can access it before it disappears.
- Write Down Everything You Can Remember – In addition to preserving any evidence in your possession, you should also write down everything you can remember. Take detailed notes so that you can give your attorney as much information as possible.
- Avoid Talking to Insurance Adjusters – Once you file an insurance claim, the insurance adjusters will begin contacting you to try to resolve your claim. They are doing this not to help you, but to try to minimize liability for the insurance company. In order to protect yourself, you should refer these adjusters to your attorney.
- Stay Off of Social Media – Just as you should avoid talking to insurance adjusters, you should also avoid posting about the accident or your injuries on social media. The insurance companies will take your words out of context and try to use your photos against you, so it is best to avoid posting all together.
- Consult with a New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney – You will need to hire an attorney in order to maximize your recovery, and hiring an attorney promptly will give you the best chance to recover maximum compensation as soon as possible.
When is it Time to Contact a New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you should contact a personal injury attorney immediately. There is no reason to wait, and waiting could potentially make it more difficult (or impossible) to gather the evidence needed to prove your claim for damages. Some of the reasons why you should contact an attorney immediately include:
- Certain Evidence Could Disappear – Depending on the type of accident in which you were injured, certain evidence could disappear quickly. For example, if you were involved in an auto accident, skid marks will fade, and state or county employees will begin working to fix any broken signs, posts or guardrails right away. To preserve critical evidence, your attorney will need to conduct an investigation as soon as possible.
- Witnesses Need to Be Interviewed Before They Forget Key Details – If there were any witnesses to your accident, your attorney will need to learn what they know before their memories start to fade. It will also be important for your attorney to speak with them before their recollections are skewed by the insurance companies.
- The Insurance Companies Will Keep Hounding You – If you do not hire an attorney, the insurance companies will keep hounding you for information, and they will apply pressure to try to get you to settle quickly for less than you deserve. Once you hire an attorney, he or she will deal with the insurance companies on your behalf, and you will be able to try to relax and focus on your recovery.
- You Only Have a Certain Amount of Time to File Your Claim – In New Jersey, you only have a certain amount of time to file your claim. While the personal injury statute of limitations is a couple of years in most cases, specific deadlines can vary. Additionally, if you were injured at work, the timeframe for reporting your accident is much more limited.
- You Need to Avoid Critical Mistakes that Could Derail Your Claim – Finally, when you have a personal injury claim, there are many mistakes you need to avoid. If you do not avoid these mistakes, you could derail your claim for financial compensation. An experienced New Jersey personal injury lawyer can explain what mistakes you need to avoid (and why), and he or she will be able to help you make informed decisions if you have questions as well.
Contact a New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney at Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A.
A serious accident can leave you out of work with mounting medical bills and substantial emotional strain, and the process of recovering your losses can be confusing and intimidating. We strongly recommend that you not wait any longer than necessary to file a claim to recover the current and future costs of your injuries
The attorneys at Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A. have many years of experience representing New Jersey residents in personal injury cases. We take our work seriously and will aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us immediately so that we can help you win the financial compensation you deserve. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation as soon as possible, call 877-435-6371 or tell us about your accident online now.