Skip to Content

Call Us - Problem Solved

Visa extensions

Our New Jersy immigration attorneys are able to assist you in extending the length of most nonimmigrant visas, with limited exceptions.  In most instances, a valid nonimmigrant visa can be extended without an individual having to leave the United States. 

We can help you prepare the application for the extension. We can advise you on what type of evidence is required to file effectively for an extension.  A mere request for an extension usually does not result in the granting of the request.  Instead, a valid reason along with a legal argument, and proper documentation, is usually required for one to be successful.

It should be noted that individuals who enter on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) are not eligible for a visa extension while in the United States. 

Starting in 2010, the Department of Homeland Security began enforcing a requirement that VWP travelers get approval to travel through a free, automated system called ESTA (the Electronic System for Travel Authorization).  Those who don’t get approval through this electronic  system should expect to be denied boarding on any plane bound for the United States.

ESTA collects the same information as the paper I-94W form that VWP travelers fill out en route to the United States. ESTA applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel. An ESTA authorization generally will be valid for up to two years. Authorizations will be valid for multiple entries into the United States. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that travelers submit an ESTA application as soon as they begin making travel plans.

Contact our firm today and schedule a consultation with an experienced New Jersey immigration lawyer. 

Call Us - Problem Solved

Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A.

Time is of the Essence

Don’t let your rights be jeopardized.