Skip to Content

Call Us - Problem Solved

Freehold Child Custody Lawyer

Do You Need Child Custody Help in Freehold, NJ? Contact Us to Speak with an Experienced Family Lawyer in Confidence

Child custody matters are among the most emotionally challenging of all family-related legal issues. Whether you are seeking to establish paternity or you need to protect your right to spend time with your kids after your divorce, the outcome of your case will have lifelong consequences for you and your children, and you need to do everything possible to achieve the outcome you desire.

At Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A., we provide experienced, compassionate and aggressive legal representation for parents and other family members in all child custody-related matters. We can help you establish custody, enforce your custody rights, challenge someone else’s custody rights or seek a necessary modification to your parenting time schedule. Whatever your specific needs may be, we understand that you are facing a difficult and sensitive situation, and we will work closely with you to ensure that your children’s best interests are secure.

Child Custody Services in Freehold, NJ

Establishing Child Custody in a Divorce

If you are preparing to go through a divorce, you will need to establish a custody arrangement that meets your needs while protecting the best interests of your children. In most cases, New Jersey law presumes that it is in a child’s best interests to spend time with both parents after a divorce, whether that means establishing joint custody or sole custody with parenting time (or “visitation”).

Establishing Custody as an Unmarried Parent or Non-Parent

Similar to establishing custody during a divorce, establishing custody rights among unmarried parents requires a focus on the best interests of the children involved. It may be necessary for the father to establish paternity as well; and, in cases where a non-parent (i.e. a grandparent or other relative) is seeking custody, there are a few potential options available.

Child Custody and Parenting Time Enforcement

If you need to enforce your child custody or parenting time rights in Freehold, it is important that you avoid mistakes that could jeopardize your chances of success in court. For example, you should not attempt to interfere with a former spouse’s or partner’s parental rights, and you should not withhold payment of child support. There are legal remedies available to you, and our attorneys can take appropriate legal action to enforce your rights.  

Child Custody and Parenting Time Modifications

While child custody orders and parenting time plans are generally considered final, there are various circumstances in which they can be subject to modification. If you are no longer able to meet your court-ordered obligations, or if you believe that a revised schedule will better serve your children’s best interests, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your options.

Speak With a Freehold Child Custody Lawyer in Confidence

For more information about securing, enforcing or modifying child custody rights in New Jersey, please contact us to schedule a confidential initial consultation. To request an appointment at our offices in Freehold, call 1-877-435-6371 or tell us how we can help online today.

Call Us - Problem Solved

Helmer, Conley & Kasselman, P.A.

Time is of the Essence

Don’t let your rights be jeopardized.